Thursday 19 September 2013

Festive September

From the pattern of my posts it's tempting to start a "Tanza's Adventure of the Week" section as I don't seem to be posting anything about actually being IN Edinburgh. Who wants to donate some money to send me on another adventure? I'm thinking Thailand next. You are all just TOO kind. 

I'm going to start this post with something none of you will be wanting to hear: Damn I feel Christmassy right now. 

I'll elaborate. I've just returned from my works peak conference at Longleat forest Centreparcs. I work for FatFace and as anyone who has ever been alive during christmas will know, peak is a MASSIVE time of year for any retail company. Hence we start planning for it very early. I won't bore you with any of the retail details (yeah I rhymed) but what I will tell you is that 200 people in one room all wearing patterned knitwear, eating mince pies and staring at christmas themed props makes you feel VERY festive. And confused, since it's September. Usually I feel christmassy and confused because of the mulled wine so this made a refreshing change. Again, no boring details but come say hello at some point during the next couple of months because we have one BANGING Christmas planned. 

When we found out we were visiting Longleat forest for our conference I was delighted. First thought: Lions. Lots and lots of lions. And wolves and big cats. In my head I would be knee deep in big cats. No, no big cats for me. I got bikes.

The park was massive and our lodges were scattered throughout the forest so we had bikes to travel about on. For the first day or two I was a definite bike convert. I was all "yeah I'm TOTALLY getting a bike when I get back home, I'm such a bike person now". By day 3 I was like "oh my god has someone kicked me in the crotch whilst I wasn't looking". However, regardless of the undercarriage pain we were all suffering, the bikes were brilliant fun. Especially at 1am when you've had a couple of glasses of wine.

On the second day of the conference we got finished up early and had plenty of time to go out and explore the park for ourselves. There was a tropical indoor swimming pool, horse riding, paint balling, crazy golf: any outdoor activity your heart could possibly desire. After a wee bit of exploring we stumbled upon the jackpot of outdoor activities: pedalos. That kept us amused until we had to leave. 

The lodges were pretty plush too: you could listen to whatever was on the tv whilst in the loo. Technology blows my mind.

I left Centreparcs with a tender undercarriage, a touch of a hangover and feeling festive as hell. Not entirely how I expected my first work conference to go, but that's life I suppose. 

Tanza 

P.s. It may not be December yet but it is totally acceptable to start wearing patterned knits and drinking mulled wine. And if anybody says otherwise, just throw your tinsel at them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment